Sunday, March 24, 2013

Introducing Nick Kelly


Intro: Who Am I?

Hello,I am Nicholas Kelly a Registered and Licensed Dietitian. The first twoquestions people ask me are, do you eat healthy and why did you choose thispath. I’ve heard this so many times, but each time it takes me back to thereasons I am a Dietitian and why I love nutrition.  First, I eat the way I eat, subset of what Ido; I have always been interested in nutrition and as a high school wrestlerthe fact there is a correlation between nutrition and performance was somethingI quickly understood.  Nevertheless, despitemy early interest, my career path did not come until one faithful day January2006. I should explain, I attended Bowling Green State University (BGSU) to getmy degree in Computer Technology; however, the year I arrived they eliminatedthe major (thanks for telling me). Therefore, I was faced with the decisionwhat to do until I could transfer. I then signed up for an intro to nutritionclass (207) with a professor named Dr. Joe Williford. That day changed my life;I just didn’t know it yet. What started as me taking a class because my friendswere in it became what I wanted to do with my life, all because Dr. Joe was soamazing and the class captivated me like very few things had.  One week into the class, I called my motherand said, “Hey, do you think you could see me as a Dietitian”; she replied,“Sure, (with odd hesitation) do you know anything about being a Dietitian?” Ipromptly said, “Nope, but I’m pretty sure I want too”. From a major that was nomore, a class I only took because my friends were in it, and a teacher thatseemed to get it, here I am many years later a Registered and LicensedDietitian with a Masters in Food and Nutrition, all from BGSU;  sharing my passion, dedication, and expertisefor nutrition with you.

This Is Blue Chip