Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Devastating Family Home Fire Fund

Very little need for my set up... My opinion is this - We can donate our funds to a corporate charity where we have no clue where that money ends up and probably no actual connection to the recipients OR we can read a story like this and choose to donate a few extra dollars this month to real people that you may actually know, thatI know. 
A lot of these accounts are trying to hook someone up with start up money for a business or wedding money or something simple... this one is not that.

Please read Marty's story and lend a hand.

"My name is Marty Kobsik,  and this is my family's story and struggle against mental illness and corporate america.
My mother suffers from Mental illness.   She has suffered most of her life from manic depression and bi-polarism.   Seven and a half years ago my mother had a mental breakdown  and took 5 gallons of gasoline to my father's recliner and my sister's bed and set fire to our family home.  She walked out and sat in a lawn chair in the front yard and watched the house burn while attempting to take her life by over dosing on the cocktail of medications she was on for various health issues.  The fire actually saved her life because help showed up and found her and rushed her to the hospital.   We live out in the country and had 13 different small volunteer fire departements come to attempt to save our 150 year old farm house.  3 hours later they put the fire out but the house was a complete loss.  My parents insurance company declined to pay the insurance claim due to the fact that my mother was a named insured and it was arson.  My father contacted a law firm from Pittsburgh that was referred to us from a family friend and they got our hopes up that we had a great chance of winning a law suit.   We all got our hopes up even more when we had a judge agree that the insurance company should pay due to the fact that there was nothing in the insurance policy regarding mental state and that the insurance company should pay.  My father cashed out his retirement account and  paid every dime of it to this law firm to fight the insurance company, but insurance company having deeper pockets drug outthe suit to the point where he ran out of money and could not afford to fight them anymore after living in limbo for 3 years he had to throw the towel in.  My father is 68 now  and still working since he spent his entire 401k on lawyer fees.  We share an apartment together and for the last 4 years we've been demolishing what was left of the house ourselves and cleaning it up to hopefully start new some day.  I have been working and saving in hopes to get a construction loan to rebuild, but in today's economy with my large amounts of student loans, it is almost impossible to get a construction loan.  So my best friend suggested I try this.  My father and I have worked for everything we have and don't take advantage of "the system".  I will rebuild a home on my family's property,  my only concern is will he ever get to see it or live there.  With all the stress the last 7 years and everything we've been through, I'm not too proud to try this and ask for a little help to get my dad back on the property he raised his 3 children on and would like to spend the remainder of his time on this earth at.  So Please,  any little help is sooo appreciated and please spread the word and our story.  The Insurance company and Law Firm profitted from our misfortune, I feel my family is due a little good luck."
Link here: http://www.gofundme.com/now7sk

This Is Blue Chip