Friday, May 20, 2016

Glasses, Silver Dollars, Kids Choir Concerts and Random Rants

I'm I don't remember the exact session that it came it to me, it was a few weeks ago... Or the client that I happened to be training when a scenario popped in my head, but I do know it was during a plank.

Someone can come in to sign up and I'll ask "what are your goals?  what are you trying to do?"
Most will say something around the arms, abdominal area, butt and legs.
A few may say something in regards to how they want to feel, "I want to feel stronger," or what they want to do "I want to run a marathon."
And from here the A, B, C's fall into line. Goal Z sends us along this particular training path/program and so on.
And inside that path, I tweak and find little nooks and crannys to improve variables within that path, within you.
Then deep inside of that is where I actually find the gem... where I show you some thing's, if you're paying attention.

I've had clients, even still have a few, where I point in a direction and they nod "ya, ya, ya," but they arent actually listening.
Sometimes its just not about that ripped arm  or 6 pack and looking in the mirror and being happy.
Sometimes its just about looking in the mirror and being happy.
Sometimes, this training, is just that... helping you change your perspective.

Funny things have happened in my sessions, over the course of sessions.  We've talked about college and job decisions, we've talked about engagements, wedding parties, affairs and leaving people, we've talked about depression and pain, abortions, sick babies, sick parents, self help, and goals.
No clue how we go down these rabbit holes, but over the course of my career in this... yes, I see they want their goal list, thats the easy stuff to deliver.
I want to deliver that and then add the whisper in their ear and be the voice of the motivational quotes they read on instagram and say, "go do what you really want to do... go be who you really want to be.,, get back to day dreaming... dont be afraid to leave the cubicle jungle, don't be afraid to change.  Don't be afraid."
What if you sat there and gave yourself 5 minutes to acknowledge that all of your fears and anxieties are completely made up?  That they actually dont exist?  That you're afraid to ________ and that fear isn't real.
The world is flexible.  Your life is flexible.  Your story is being written, by you.  It could end at 80, it could end at 70 or 55 or 46 or in 15 minutes.... what are you writing?
If the 20 year old version of yourself were next to you, what you say to him/her?  What advice would you give?  So whats the difference in saying it to yourself right now?
I'm sitting here, typing away, thinking if 20 year old Jason were right here, what would I say....
I'd say, "Never give up.  You're going to change... you're going to go through things... never give up.  Dont let pain take away your enthusiasm.  Smile at it.  Keep moving.  Keep working to improve yourself, your character.  Dont let deaf ears shut you up.  Keep going.  Dont let your dreams fade, you can make them a reality.  Just go for it.  It's real.   Dont become a slave to debt and bills.  Take chances.  Travel.  You could be gone any day, leave it all out there and die on E."
-----

Do kids concerts rock?
God no.
But I really, really enjoy seeing kids develop.  I would never play one of those songs, right?  But I love seeing a group of kids get up there and do something I would definitely not do.  11, 12 or 9 year olds, up on a stage, singing a solo as well as they can, whatever it may be, that's awesome.  That's so freaking brave to see kids do that and grow right there in front of us.  They're who they are at 6pm, they're solo is at 6:30pm, when we meet them again at 7pm, after their song, they're now a new person.  They have a bit more confidence, they have another experience inside them.... they just grew, they just experienced something new.
why adults lose this... mind boggling.
-----
People come in, I've heard them say things about "felling self-conscious."  Men, women, doesn't matter.  They choose spaces where they won't feel that feeling.  I get them going, warm them up to the environments, I see their comfort. 
 But too often, I still see that smile lingering.  That "I want to smile full, but I'm so conditioned to worry, anxiety, some panic, and fear, I don't really smile fully," type of smile.  I literally just saw one. 
And every time I do, this song pops on:

The goal is to be at a level where you truly do not give a F what anyone says or thinks of you, because you know who you are, what you do, how you think, all the above, w confidence.  Not saying we can't or don't change, we should be evolving. But be at a level where if they don't like you or you're worried about what someone may say, for whatever reason, that's their issue, not yours. 
-----

I was in a little flea market thing with a few pricey items a couple weeks ago and walked past a guy on his phone.  He said "Hey, I have to call you back, I'm staring at a solver dollar," and I smiled.
Do I give shit about silver dollars?  Nope.  But I thought it was pretty cool this random stranger got a high off it.  It was a big deal to him.
Last night, I stopped by my parents and my mom showed me 20 some pieces of crafts she made for their flea market trips.  It's my thing, it's hers, I enjoy that she has a thing to enjoy.
We all have our "thing."  Just because  my thing isnt your thing, its all good things.
Unless your thing is being a dick, then no.
Which brings us to.....
-----

Random Rants
Dont like my potty mouth, dont continue.
1) If you are at a kids concert, control your kids in the crowd.  They're not funny, they're not cute, its not their show or yours.  Everyone is hear to see kids perform on stage, not your goofy kid dancing in the aisle.  

2) Since we can now change birth certificates and change gender and all that, I definitely want to get involved.  For a really long time, I knew something was different and its time I come out of my closet and let everyone know.  I am an alien and want it changed on my birth cert.  Or, if this isnt acceptable, I choose to be a monkey.  I always wanted to be a monkey as a kid, so this is it.  I am now a monkey.  I love bananas, I love sitting around in grass and doing monkey things so, thats that.  Now that I'm writing it, I choose monkey over alien.  If I go full alien, things may get weird and they'll want to dissect me.  If I go full monkey, I'll have some nice options.  And I dont mean baboon or whichever one runs around with colored butts throwing poo.  I'll be a fuzzy guerilla, laying out catching sun, napping in trees, eating leaves, monkey-ing it up.  

3) Trump... where to begin?  I've asked a variety of people, "why are you voting for Trump?"  and you know what they say?  nothing.  They say nothing thats actually PRO-Trump, they say things that are anti-Hillary.  So I ask again "Why are you voting for Trump?"  and now they'll say something like "He's not a politician."  no?  Please explain.  And this turns into an anti-Barrack thing or an anti-democrat thing and i stop them.  See they cant actually say why they're voting for Trump.  But I do see a very common thread among the great majority of pro-Trump.  
Racism and sexism.  
Everything I've heard Trump say is rooted in fear, anger, stupidity, racism and sexism.  If that's your president, what does that say?  
Now, this isnt pro-Hillary.  This is how absolutely awful our situation is.  On one hand, we have  completely unqualified, ignorant, silver spoon, B television star.  On the other, a career white collar criminal.  
Dont be blind.  Dont bother talking shit one way or the other.  Our choices are terrible.  We actually have no candidates.  So dont embarrass yourself standing on your soap box, posting a bunch of anti-Hillary or Trump crap, both options suck.  The best thing we can do is no show on voting day.  A complete protest of zero votes and make them rethink the entire system.  Clearly its flawed.  We have how many people in the U.S. and these are the best available???  So dont vote.  "Well, if you dont vote, you dont have a voice and your opinion doesnt matter."  I used to say dumb shit like that.  Then I saw Florida cheat Gore out and the governors brother happened to be the beneficiary.... hhhhhmmm.  No, your votes barely count as is.  Then when whoever gets there, they're owned by congress and billionaires, your voice is 99.9999% irrelevant.  
 Back to the main point and note I had on my phone: Trump is racist, sexist and so is the great, great majority of his supporters.  

4) Apparently, I'm attracting people of supreme intelligence... And I have no issues sharing w you. 
I was just pitched a supplement company by "Miss Organic," who went on and on about how healthy she is, and everythings organic and her kids are organic and blah blah blah.
We say bye and she goes to her car... Where she lights up a cigarette. 
Are you f'n kidding me?!?!
You can be super nice, a real sweety, but if you smoke, close your mouth about your nutrition, supplements and "organic lifestyle."



5)  The next asshole that tells me they're friends with Stipe, I'm quizzing you.   
I mean... An asshole came up to me, thinking he was bragging "ya, my boy Stipe, we hang... Can't wait to watch him fight Werdum," and pronounced it WER-dum. It's pronounced like ver-doom you f'n idiot. So not only are you a poser for lying, you're a poser for not even knowing shit about the sport you claim "your boy," competes in. 

(Rant over)

This Is Blue Chip