Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Couple happy tips for things I've seen

Since its titled "observing bystander," here's a few observations on stress reduction and overall happiness that have worked for me a few others I know.

1)  Exercise - Clearly, these blogs arent actually fitness based, but this is #1 on my list.  I've always broken through mental blocks or emotional sludge when I'm consistent in exercise.  Whether running or yoga or kettle bells, anything to get the heart rate up and breath a bit labored, this will do the trick.  Weights can work as well, but I prefer a style that cranks up the entire body.
When you workout, the more intense the better (and "intense," is relative), your brain releases endorphins, which is a natural pain killer and creates a natural high.  Obviously, this feels good and you want more.
How to get it?
Exercise more.  Once in a routine and addicted to those natural body highs, you'll feel better, become more productive and think more clearly.  What was once "too much to handle," will be handled.
30 minutes per day can do the trick IF you're using your time wisely.

2)  Service - Do something for someone else.  Bitter-sweet for me, but this one has landed me in some tough spots financially.  I have a hard time not giving away what I do, or doing it at a great discount.  A huge part of me feels "It's my service," and it bothers me I haven't found a way to do it for free yet (remember why I closed the yoga room?)
But their are other things we can be doing, coaching is big for me.  I do feel it serves the purpose.  I explained it yesterday to someone as "an extension of the class room."  Those who know me well, have an idea what that can mean and the things that come up.

3)  Be nice.

  • Smile at people.
  • Hold doors.
  • Park in the back: Don't drive around for 10 minutes trying to maneuver for a close parking spot.
  • Be a good tipper.
  • Be a great giver.
  • Listen to people. 
  • Surprise someone.
  • Let someone into traffic when they have their blinker on.
  • Ask them how their day is going. 
  • Be polite. 
  • If you're having a shitty day, don't pass it to someone else.


4)  Save time for yourself - HUGE.  If you dont have time for yourself and the things you actually enjoy to do (exercise, hobbies, quiet time, a movie, etc), you will definitely feel the stress of it and it will effect you greatly.

5)  Have an experience.

  • vacation more
  • float tank often
  • do something you've never done
  • Explore conversations
  • Explore your own consciousness... theres more at play than what you see.  
  • meditate
  • dive into a different culture
  • sign up for a class
  • work on yourself
  • do what you can to alter your perspective.. .I've found many answers here.  




Thats all I can think of for now.  

This Is Blue Chip