Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Top Movies and A Short Story About Some Religion In An Alley

5.

4.


3.


2.


1.




--------------------

I was walking to Heinens today to grab a salad on my way out of town, headed to football.  To shave a full 10-15 seconds off my walk (sarcasm) I cut through a parking garage and a back alley.
I get there, make my salad and head back.  As I'm walking through, an older man is sitting on a step, nothing but an old bag of clothes next to him.  He starts to talk, obviously I know whats coming...
Just $1.
I knew what I had on me, I gave him everything I had.
He looked at me like I was nuts.
"Thank you... may God bless you... thank you, thank you..."
I just said "you got it man, take care," and continued to my car.
But his thank you, went through me in slow motion... I heard it, we paused, we basically spoke over each other w the "thanks," and "you got it man," because I really had to get going.
Not because I was late or in a hurry.  It's uncomfortable.  It's uncomfortable for me to walk by people who beg for $1's as I have 1, 5, 10 or whatever.  I can find a way to eat.  I can find more money.  I can find a way to make things happen.
His sincerity was what made me move along quickly.  I've never been thanked so hard, so sincere.  I've never anyone say "God bless you," like that where it got my attention.  People say things but we all say all kinds of things.
This man gave me the only thing he could.  His thanks and a blessing.
I'd pay every day for that.



This Is Blue Chip